The weekend came and went too fast, too soon. I'm left
hung-over from the simplicity of breaking our routine, to the complications of
forming one.
In passing I had mentioned to my husband, "I need
the beach". The next morning he tells me, "we are going to the beach,
Lake Erie has a beach".
The difference between Jibin and me is that I live for the moment while he lives for the next second. I enjoy order and he functions only in chaos. It works out well, except a lot of things get lost in translation. I think of the Ocean, he dives on the Internet and discovers Lake Erie. I say beach, he thinks muddy water with rocks. I say planetarium and I am gifted with not one, but two telescopes on my birthday(a whole other story for another time).
To be honest, I was hesitant to go to a
"fake" beach because a beach isn't a beach if it's not by the ocean;
and that is a fact, according to me. However, we did go to Lake Erie and much
to my surprise I enjoyed it more than I had anticipated.
Our children were beyond excited and stayed in the
water all day. Coming back to the hotel room, they were worn out but refused to
sleep in case they might miss something. All four snuggled in one bed; drinking
slushies(for dinner), and watching TV all night long. No rules, no chores;
just good old fashioned childhood.
Watching my children, intoxicated with pure madness
and joy, made me realize that things don't have to be perfect or fit a certain
ideology for us to enjoy. Life is what it is and the best way to live it, is
to revel in the moment and move forward, no matter how fake the beach is.
All snuggled in for the night.
Posing already!
Beach babies
With Love,
Jawaria


No comments:
Post a Comment
Drop me a line or two!