Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Of Dreams and Fairies

I was never one to have had a solid opinion on what I wanted to be when I grew up; except a fairy princess. Much to my dismay, I realized that fairy princesses don't get paid much and butterflies and birds don't clean up after anyone.
My very own fairy princess in the making.
What I knew was that I loved to read and had a grand imagination. It wasn't until University, that I found my love for writing. As history is witness, no great love story is complete without adversity and tribulations. Life happened and held me from fulfilling my love affair with the written word. Illogical fear took over; a fear of loving something but not being great at it. 

Normally fear doesn't affect me; other people's opinions or societal norms have not held me back. On the contrary writing paralyzes me; either it's the fact that I love to write, or perhaps I'm in no way the writer that I so desperately desire to be. 


Recently Zayn told me, "I'm a great writer because you're the greatest writer ever." In that moment I let go of all fear and thought of the stirring quote, "if not me who, if not now when". I was searching for inspiration through a grand gesture or a lightning strike. However, all it took was an 11-year-old's conviction and a realization that life doesn't wait for us to be perfect or ready. Now is the time and now is the moment. 


This blog is an attempt to set aside all fear, all inhibitions and write to my heart's desire. About everything that matters to me: parenting, children, small living and life in general.



With Love,
Jawaria

1 comment:

Drop me a line or two!